Friday, April 13, 2012

First Amigurumi Doll

I've wanted to make an Ami doll (literally a doll, not an animal/etc) ever since I got into the craft.
And now finally, some months later, here's the prototype!
What a pose
She's really simple. I drew some sketches, measured them, then did a little maths to scale to the size I wanted.
She's approximately 21cm tall
I bought a bag of tiny bows at the Craft and Sewing Fair I went to a fortnight ago. So adding those bows to her dress was as easy as sewing them on. I'm bad at tying bows!
The eyes are 2-strands embroidery thread on felt.
With a hair bun at the back
 One of the things I love most about making Amis, is the moment when you've made all the limbs, and get to put everything together, and you see your creation really take shape. ♥
She's quite tiny
I'm definitely going to make more dolls. I kept notes while working on her, so I have an idea of where I want to make adjustments to the design in future. I want to make even taller dolls! And weighted limbs would also be nice.
Zzzzzzz
So this is the ami family that now occupies my desk. ♥ I'll work to make this family grow, haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment